- Shipped With wxPython
- Unofficial Widgets
If you have any request, or you would like to know how I built some of these software and interfaces, please feel free to drop me an e-mail.
The FlatNotebook is a full implementation of the wx.Notebook, and designed to be a drop-in replacement for wx.Notebook. The API functions are similar so one can expect the function to behave in the same way.
- The buttons are highlighted a la Firefox style
- The scrolling is done for bulks of tabs (so, the scrolling is faster and better)
- The buttons area is never overdrawn by tabs (unlike many other implementations I saw)
- It is a generic control
- Currently there are 4 different styles - VC8, VC71, Standard and Fancy
- Mouse middle click can be used to close tabs
- A function to add right click menu for tabs (simple as SetRightClickMenu)
- All styles has bottom style as well (they can be drawn in the bottom of screen)
- An option to hide 'X' button or navigation buttons (separately)
- Gradient coloring of the selected tabs and border
- Support for drag 'n' drop of tabs, both in the same notebook or to another notebook
- Possibility to have closing button on the active tab directly
- Support for disabled tabs
- Colours for active/inactive tabs, and captions
- Background of tab area can be painted in gradient (VC8 style only)
- Colourful tabs - a random gentle colour is generated for each new tab (very cool, VC8 style only)
Check the demo for an almost complete review of the functionalities.